AutoCAD 2015 was released just a few days ago, followed by reviews, blog posts, webinars, videos, etc. Now that the dust has settled, I hand picked the best for you. But before you delve into my post below...remember to download your AutoCAD 2015 free trial, so you can experience all the new features.
All the New Features
The first thing to note about this new AutoCAD release is that the focus of the update was on improving workflow and efficiency. And AutoCAD 2015 delivers, with many improvements, the most notable of which are the darker theme and new interface design. Here's where you can get an overview of what is new in AutoCAD 2015:
- Brian Benton, Cad-a-Blog: An Overview of the Features, Tools, and Changes in AutoCAD 2015
- BLAUGI: What's new in AutoCAD 2015?
- Lynn Allen's webinar: New AutoCAD 2015 Features, included in our webinar series.
A Personal Take
If you'd like a more personal take on AutoCAD 2015, check out the following three blog posts:
- Kung Fu Drafter: Helpful Thumbnails from the Dark Side ...
- The Mistress of Dorkness: Autocad 2015 from the Dork Side
- David Cohn, Desktop Engineering: AutoCAD 2015 Review
Save on AutoCAD 2015
We all know that CAD software is not cheap. Here are three ways to save on Autodesk 2015:
- AutoCAD LT: if you don't need the full power of AutoCAD, consider using AutoCAD LT 2015. Here's a handy table that shows what is available in LT. And now you can take advantage of this special and save 30%.
- Maintenance Subscription: if you plan on using Autodesk software for more than a year, you need to get on Maintenance subscription this year. Starting next year, upgrades won't be available anymore, making it very expensive to buy Autodesk software. This will save you thousands of dollars in the long run. Until April 25th, you get a free subscription when you upgrade from AutoCAD 2009-2014 to 2015.
- Desktop subscription is the new way Autodesk refers to its monthly rental program. This is a great way to save if you only need an extra license for a limited time, if you are still unsure about purchasing AutoCAD 2015, or if you don't have the cash flow to buy a perpetual license. Desktop subscription is available for AutoCAD 2015 and AutoCAD LT 2015.
Did I leave something out? Is there a blog post of a video about AutoCAD 2015 that you absolutely love? Leave a comment below.